We believe that successful people make successful businesses, which is why we make every effort to provide our employees with an environment in which they can excel. The McConkey team is integral in defining our business – delivering results to our clients and driving our company to success. We make it our job to treat them well.
Our Growing Team
Our Awards and Recognition
Recognizing the excellence of our services, practices, people, and culture.
If you want to do more than just the basic stuff, make your mark and go further in your career, this is the place. Take a look at our current openings and if you see a good fit, apply. We’d love to talk to you.
McConkey is actively seeking a Client Service Agent to be part of our growing Commercial Lines Team to provide essential support and coordination of appropriate levels of service and resources for clients in all market segments. This position must maintain client relationships, request proposals and evaluate and prepare renewals. The CSA will also work in conjunction with the Account Executive to develop and implement solutions to client issues and support the delivery of client services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support new and existing clients through effective coordination and management of implementation, renewal, ongoing client deliverables and overall satisfaction
- Manage carrier relations and activities during policy changes and for ongoing service
- Work directly with carriers to provide information and negotiate terms and conditions for our clients
- Quote and draft renewal and strategy documents and assist in client proposal preparation
- Communicate policy changes to clients
- Interpret policy documents to answer client questions
- Document client issues in client management system
- Maintain all client management system updates on a regular basis
- Create and maintain paper and electronic files for all clients
- Prepare applications, binders, auto ID cards and certificates of insurance for clients
- Request and review policies, audits and endorsements for clients as needed
- Perform other duties and coordinate special projects as requested by the Account Executive and client
- Current PA Property & Casualty License
- 3+ years client service or experience in the insurance industry
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task and handle a substantial workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects and work in a team-centric environment
- Effectively interact and deal with people at all levels inside and outside of the Company
- Ability to work independently and take initiative with little direct supervision
- Ability to provide superior customer service and maintain positive relationships with clients
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (including Word, Excel and Outlook)
Qualified applicants should submit resumes to Jill Bernstein.
McConkey continues to grow our Surety division which has created an excellent opportunity for an experienced Surety Bond Executive to join our team. McConkey Surety is committed to providing unique services and solutions for our construction clients.
Core focus of this Surety Bond Executive position will be:
- Management and growth of an established surety book of business
- Assist with department management using strong communication not only within department but also throughout enterprise
- Generate new business opportunities with prospective clients through client referrals, enterprise collaboration and other business development initiatives
- Independently develop business relationships through networking, active participation in industry associations, other business events and through community involvement
- Analyze credit and best position client financials to maximize capacity and terms
- Drive technology and systems to maximize work flow efficiency
- Assess risk quality and compliance within surety carrier guidelines
- Maximize and manage carrier and vendor relationships
- Periodic review and monitoring of financial status of surety carriers
- Create and coordinate strategic initiatives that support enterprise goals
- Enhance new business and client retention collaboration efforts throughout enterprise
Qualifications for this position:
- 5 years minimum experience in construction and Surety industry
- BS/BA in Business or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of bid specs, contracts, WIP, backlogs, A/R, line of credit and other key components of the construction business as it relates to surety underwriting
- Proven interpersonal skills to build outstanding relationships and be a fair but strong negotiator
- Active Property & Casualty license
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of industry specific EPIC and Erlon platforms is a plus
Since 1890, McConkey Insurance & Benefits has been providing financial security for businesses across the globe. Licensed in nearly all 50 states and with a client presence in more than 20 countries, McConkey prides itself in being one of the Mid-Atlantic’s largest and most respected insurance brokerage firms. In addition to our traditional insurance portfolio, McConkey specializes in alternative markets offering compliance, administration, brokerage, and actuarial services to businesses, groups and associations in the form of captive programs, consortiums, self-insurance and other unique products tailored to the risk tolerance of our clients. Year after year, McConkey’s exceptional service platform results in unmatched client retention and unparalleled growth. As a consistent “Best Places to Work” and “Top Fastest Growing Company” award recipient, our team based culture drives our success from within.