We are currently accepting applications for the 2022 Summer Intern position. If interested, see details below.
Meet Our Interns!
Why Intern with us?
Our internship program offers opportunities for development and growth like no other. We have continued to provide exceptional service to a dynamic and ever-changing market for over 130 years, and our internship program provides interns with exposure to a deep history of success in the insurance industry. Our intern will get practical, hands-on work experience and a chance to tailor their internship to their own interests.
We have consistently been named a Best Place to Work in PA and a Top 10 Best Place to Work in Insurance nationwide! At McConkey, our most important asset is our team, and we strive to fully integrate our summer interns into our winning culture.
Our internship program offers a well-rounded and tailored experience exposing interested students to the world of insurance. Our mentorship and lessons, not only about insurance, but also the specific interests of our interns, will serve as a strong foundation for a successful and meaningful career.
- Utilize marketing and public speaking skills
- See first-hand growth
- Gain industry knowledge you will not learn elsewhere
- Make critical professional contacts within the community and the business
- Enhance and strengthen your resume
- Apply academic learning to real world situations
- Fulfill academic requirements
- Learn all facets of McConkey in a hands-on environment
- Work on a variety of challenging and meaningful projects both in insurance and the special interests of the intern
- Support marketing initiatives for the enterprise
- Assist company committees with assigned tasks and attend committee meetings
- Participate in client-facing meetings with business leaders within the Mid-Atlantic region
The Right Candidate Will…
- Be highly motivated and driven to contribute within our fast-paced environment
- Have superior technology skills; must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Be a rising senior or recent college graduate in a business-related field
- Have a passion for learning and developing themselves, particularly within the insurance industry
“I learned a lot about the importance of relationships in this industry and that McConkey really prioritizes genuine authenticity and putting the client first. Everyone was really helpful, it’s like a family- nobody is a stranger here.”Jamal Evans2021 Business Insurance Intern
“I really enjoyed engrossing myself in McConkey’s culture- I got work done and had fun doing it at the same time. There's a lot of great personalities and it's a very unique and productive workplace.”Herbert Bryner2021 Technology Intern
“I enjoyed getting to know everyone in the office and taking part in McConkey’s culture. There’s a lot of room for people to express themselves, it's a great environment for morale.”Cole Larson2021 Data Analytics Intern
“I gained a lot from my virtual internship experience with McConkey and it redefined what being a remote employee meant to me in a very positive way. I was given a lot of projects that allowed me to work autonomously and creatively and was really given the space to grow through McConkey.”Erin McCabe2020 Marketing Intern
“From day one of my internship, I felt completely at home and a part of the McConkey family. Being able to work alongside so many knowledgeable and helpful colleagues was an opportunity that is hard to match and one that I greatly enjoyed.”Kody Allen2019 Summer Intern
“The first thing I noticed about McConkey was the positive environment in the office. Coming in as the intern, you think you’re going to be treated in a different way which could result in a negative experience. Right from the start I was treated like a seasoned employee.”Austin Huson2018 Summer Intern
Interested? Send your Resume with cover letter to:
Jill B. Bernstein
McConkey Insurance & Benefits
2555 Kingston Road | Suite 100
York, PA 17402